Sustainable processes and products
Principal Investigator: Simão Pedro de Almeida Pinho
Researchers: Group Researchers
Sustainable Products group aims to address challenges such as:
- Development of sustainable processes and methodologies (lab- and pilot-scale) to be applied as engineering tools in the design and manufacturing of intermediate and final products;
- Development of sustainable products and materials for application in different industrial sectors: economic, environmental and social valorisation of mountain ecosystems in an integrated approach with the other R&I area (Socio-ecological Systems);
- Integration of technological and engineering knowledge with core knowledge on chemical, biochemical, biological, and pharmaceutical sciences to generate, in a cooperative and interdisciplinary scientific/technological environment, innovative products;
- Development of natural and bio-based ingredients through green and sustainable processes and valorisation in added-value innovative products;
- Working in industrial symbiosis to enable the completion of productive chains with relevance at regional, national and international levels.
- Innovative products that meet consumer's growing expectations, ensuring consumer safety, according to the applied legislation.
The main research topics of the Group are: